Subject: Re: I *must* be doing something really wrong, stupid, or both......
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/2002 00:23:36
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Chuck McManis wrote:

> The next thing that screws people up is that they try to use the video
> console as the console rather than putting the VAX into serial console
> mode. I'm guessing you didn't do that, but before you even try, you do
> realize that there is no X support for any VAX right?

That's not entirely true... even in the limited case of NetBSD/vax.
You can still remotely display X clients from the VAX, it's just that
there isn't yet a solid Xserver for NetBSD/vax.

David Brownlee and I actually got it compiled and running under the
1.4.1 release, but there was no mouse or keyboard support.  I'd imagine
the situation to mostly be the same today.  We were able to bring a
variety of X clients up onto the display though.  :-)

But yeah, effectively there's no useable Xserver for NetBSD/vax.  Remote
displaying stuff works marvelously well.

-brian.