Subject: Re: About the QBus EIDE interface...
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Cthulhu <cthulhu@flashnet.it>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/28/2002 21:16:59
On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 11:34:15AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

> > But that would cheap, easy to build, easy to upgrade.
>   ...and it would involve using cheap-crap PeeCee hardware, totally
> destroying the damn-near legendary reliability of PDP11/VAX hardware.

Why, are you going to use a QBus IDE card in a VAX in your corporate
CED? :)

However, PCI is not only on PeeCee. Today we have it on Sun, R6000 (does
IBM still make that?), Mac, Alpha... even whith PeeCee, I think it would
be stable enough for hobbyist use.

> Not to mention adding another whole chassis to the mix.

Yes, just like one of that external disk storare all we have in CEDs. ;)

>   CPU and software YOU already have.  No offense intended, but some of
> us don't allow PeeCees in our homes.

See above!

> I wholeheartedly support the
> idea of building a "real" Qbus interface card.

Oh, I would buy one or two of that, indeed!

	prenotatamente,
	   Cthulhu

--

   Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu http://www.rlyeh.it/ wgah'nagl fhtgan!