Subject: Re: About the QBus EIDE interface...
To: None <cthulhu@flashnet.it>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/26/2002 11:34:15
On January 26, Cthulhu wrote:
> > this sounds really kludgy.. It could be done, but it's really ugly, and it
> > then brings a PC along for the ride, with all its own problems. If one is
>
> But that would cheap, easy to build, easy to upgrade.

  ...and it would involve using cheap-crap PeeCee hardware, totally
destroying the damn-near legendary reliability of PDP11/VAX hardware.
Not to mention adding another whole chassis to the mix.

> You want to build a whole Qbus card, with CPU and all the logic. I was
> just thinking a way to use the CPU and the software we already have:
> PCs.

  CPU and software YOU already have.  No offense intended, but some of
us don't allow PeeCees in our homes.  I wholeheartedly support the
idea of building a "real" Qbus interface card.

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire