Subject: Almost got it working, just need a little help
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Kranzel <adam@blacktabby.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/2002 18:41:58
Hi...

Okay, I've got my VS 4000/60 to netboot off another machine, and can get
to the install.
The install works fine, runs newfs on the disks, etc., and lets me choose
sets to install.

The problem is, I need to install over the network (via either ftp or
nfs), and it doesn't work.

I choose to set up the network, enter all the information correctly,
except I'm not sure what to put in the "media" field when it asks.  The
system is using the built in AUI port, with a transciever on it to convert
it to 10baseT.  I have tried entering "10base5","AUI", "10base5/AUI",
and "10baseT", and I got back after a moment "there was an error setting
up the network. Either your gateway or nameserver was not reachable by a
ping. Do you want to configure your network again?"

Any ideas?

thanks
 -Adam

p.s.

Anyone have ideas on what to use a slow (2.4 VUP) vax for?
It's sitting here and running, so if I can find something to do with it
I'd like to use it as more than a heater :)