Subject: Re: Qbus IDE adapter implementing MSCP
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/2002 15:19:00
> That said... Zilog has a Z180 (2nd gen Z80) that [...] can address
> 1Meg of memory, which would mean more buffer space,

Since you're doing the whole thing yourself, it would be fairly easy to
bankswitch half or a quarter of the memory space, giving you a more or
less unlimited amount of buffer memory at the price of one extra
instruction to access it (or two, if you have eight "hidden" address
lines).

Might not be quite as clean, but certainly doable.

>> She can't have the zebra without its stripes, man...
> That's no joke!  I've been sure to point this out, to her, and it's
> beginning to sink in...

Lucky sod.  Wish I had occasion to worry about such things.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign