Subject: Can a VS3100 be run headless?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/2002 14:20:27
I have recently been given a Vaxstation 3100, with
monitor, keyboard and mouse. I've cleaned it up and
tried to get it going, but while the lights come on
and it makes the right kinds of noises, nothing
appears on the monitor. I'm 99% sure that the monitor
is broken, but I haven't got a 'known good' one to
prove it.

The VS3100 has a single BNC sort of connector, so
I'm assuming it's monochrome. In which case, can
I use a DEC VT terminal in place of the monitor?
I can get hold of a VT terminal quite easily, but
I know no one with another monitor like my one.

Failing that, can I run the VS3100 headless, and
install NetBSD from a serial console or something
like that?

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)