Subject: Re: uVAX II vs. uVAX III memory
To: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/17/2002 18:29:59
On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 09:13:36AM -0600, John Maier wrote:

> ...or you can use LMI MicroVAX III memory modules. Do not try to use
> LMI memory modules intended for earlier MicroVAX systems (modules of
> the MS630-series, etc)!
>
> Why?
Because the MS630 and MS650 RAM boards have different interfaces.
They may look similar, but the signals on the connectors are different.
(Or the MS630 RAM is to slow, or ...)

> Additionally if I ever can find a 64Meg QBus memeory card...<john dreams>
There is no such thing. The MS650 RAM boards are max out at 16MB.
This said, I have a 32MB Board in my MicroVAX 400-200. This is
pysical 1 board, but seen as two boards with 16'MB each by the PROM.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen