Subject: Re: Qbus USB adapter? [Was Re: Qbus IDE adapter]
To: None <bdc@world.std.com, abs@netbsd.org>
From: Kiyoshi IKEHARA <kikehara@suenaga.cse.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/11/2002 13:12:13
> > I'm pretty sure this has come up here before as well, but does anyone on
> > the list have familiarity with USB controllers?
> >
> > Given that USB is a more general purpose bus than ATA, having a Qbus to
> > USB bridge would be useful for a wide variety of devices.  Everything
> > from disk drives, CD burners, digital cameras, scanners, printers,
> > ethernet devices, etc. could be attached to our old VAXen.
>
>         Kiyoshi Ikehara is looking at hooking up a ScanLogic SL811HS
>         (very simple USB1.1 host controller) to a Dreamcast (he has
>         already written drivers for bitmaster's IDE and NE2000 add in
>         boards for the Dreamcast).

There is another project using a SL811HST. They made an expansion
board (Ehternet, Memory, and Usb) for Sharp x68000. They will probably
write a driver for Human68k (x68000's native OS), perhaps for NetBSD/x68k.

	The Nereid Project by X-PowerStation (in Japanese)
	http://xps.jp/

I think hooking up a SL811HST to a Qbus is very easy task if another PC
component is already attached, and writing a device driver is more
difficult and inevitable task.

>         I'll ping him to see if he'd like to join this discussion :)

This is a late echo reply, sorry. :)

----
ikehara