Subject: Re: TCPIP vax3400
To: Bambang Anggono <anggono@pjb2.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/2002 02:05:32
On January 10, Bambang Anggono wrote:
> We are goverment company. We produce electricity. WE call power plant.
> We used the VAX3400 for DAS ( Data Acqusition System ). This vax used DESQA
> ethernet controller . We have 4 (VAx 3400).
> Please inform us. is DESQA  support TCPIP . How VAx 3400 can connect our
> LAN (TCPIP)
> Thanks for your kind attention and cooperated.

  Hi Bambang!  While this is definitely not the best forum for this
question, there is quite a lot of VAX expertise here. :-)

  Whether or not an interface supports TCP/IP isn't a matter of the
board, but the operating system on the machine.  Every operating
system I've seen on a VAX...be it VMS or a UNIX variant like
Ultrix...is capable of running TCP/IP on a DESQA interface, assuming
you've got the operating system configured correctly.  You should be
able to connect your VAX to your TCP/IP LAN with no problems at all.

  Treat those VAX 3400s well...they're great machines! :-)

     Good luck,
      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire