Subject: Re: Qbus IDE adapter
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@liveround.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/02/2002 16:16:33
I think it's safe to say that all of us with Qbus VAXen would be willing to shell
out a few bucks for a decent Qbus-ATA controller. Of course, it would be nice if
it were MSCP and/or bootable, but even without that, systems can be booted from
the network, and mount root from the IDE. And with carefull designing, etching,
and cutting, any old piece of clad should be able to have Q-bus fingers etched
into it, right?

So the question is: Who among us will pledge lives, fortunes, and sacred honors
to see this come about? In other words, fill out below to help friend Chuck
determine how much water the well holds:

I would order __ QBus-ATA Controllers for $___ each, provided a NetBSD driver is
available.
I would order __ QBus-ATA Controllers for $___ each, if DMA were supported.
I would order __ QBus-ATA Controllers for $___ each, if they were bootable (PIO
or DMA)

--
 - J. Buck Caldwell