Subject: RE: Qbus IDE adapter
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Lowenstein <cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/02/2002 13:20:29
> From: "Carlini, Antonio" <Antonio.Carlini@riverstonenet.com>
> To: "'Chuck Dickman'" <chd_1@nktelco.net>, vax <port-vax@netbsd.org>
> Subject: RE: Qbus IDE adapter
> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:09:56 -0800
>
> > Chuck Dickman wrote:
> >
> >I have been playing with a Qbus to IDE drive adapter for a while,
> >and with some free time this Christmas, I got around to working on
> >it and documenting it.
>
> >You can find information here: http://www.chd.dyndns.org/qbus_ide/
>
> 	This looks really neat!
>
> 	I poked around your site for a while and
> 	it sounds like you are looking for docs
> 	re some older DEC chips.
>
> 	The DC003, DC004, DC005 and DC010 are
> 	reasonably well documented in the back of the
> 	DHV11 technical manual, EK-DHV11-TM-001
> 	and EK-DHV11-TM-002 both have this
> 	information.
>
> 	I'm assuming you don't have those. I don't
> 	know of anywhere that has that online. I
> 	scanned my DHV11 printset and that's
> 	available at:
> 	  http://208.190.133.201/decimages/moremanuals.htm
>
> 	You could try poking around the sites
> 	that http://www.decdocs.org/ points
> 	to as one of them may have it
> 	online.

I have right here at hand (after a half-hour search this morning) a
copy of "Chipkit Users Manual" April 1982.  I am sure that there is
another copy somewhere in my archives, because this one has pictures of
staple holes along the binding edge.  Filed with it is the original
artwork from a paper I gave at a DECUS symposium in 1979, showing how
to use these Qbus interface chips with a little glue logic to make
Unibus interfaces.

I don't have the facilities to scan this stuff, but would be glad to
make a copy to keep for myself and then donate the more original
document to someone who can scan it and put it on line.

    carl

        carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                  clowenstein@ucsd.edu