Subject: Netbsd on a vaxstation 3100
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Keith <hk11@totalise.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/01/2002 09:03:04
I've got a VaxStation 3100 that I have tried to install netBSD on, but keep
getting devoffline DUA2 errors, so can't get the OS onto the SCSI discs :-(

I didn't like the idea of tying a PC's SCSI bus to the vax in order to share a
SCSI disc, so took the disc out the VAX and poped it in an external case which I
then connected to the PC. What now? I tried a format and installed DOS and
copied the boot.fs over, but assume the vax wont be able to read this.

What about a format under Linux? Can I then dd the image over? What format is
netbsd?

Would rawrite work to a SCSI drive under DOS in the same way it works to a
floppy disc?

TIA - Keith

--
Dartford Kent UK