Subject: Re: VAX 4000/500
To: Chris Craft <ccraft@netgenuis.org.unixiron.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/29/2001 20:53:27
Hi !

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Chris Craft wrote:
> In reading the port-vax page, it seems that my newest VAX is only supported
> in current, which may be why it won't boot from the 1.5.2 CD.  Any hints on
> where a compiled kernel might be, so I can take a stab at munging it in to
> the CD image and trying again?  (Michael Kukat?)

Ehm. *searching...* hm. not there... *searching netboot filesystem*
Shit. seems i cleaned up a bit too much recently. Cannot find my last working
kernel with all those patches. Is there a working -current snapshot out there?
My 4000/105A is currently inactive, so i don't have an eye where i left the
kernel. But some guys fetched it from my webserver (where it also disappered
after clean-up :), so someone should have it.

Hope, you find it. If you get something of "michael@nereus.unixiron.org" in
your version information (uname -a), it might be the right kernel. Some
version upwards 1.5 was it.

Good luck, and happy new year!

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX