Subject: VAX 4000-500 travails...
To: None <classiccmp@classiccmp.org, port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Craft <ccraft@springsips.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/28/2001 11:42:21
 I was lucky enough to be given a VAX 4k500, but am now looking for advice on
how to get an os installed... NetBSD 5.1.2 halts trying to boot from the CD,
right after loading the kernel, I'm slogging around in mopd.c and friends
trying to find out why, when moptrace tells me everything's getting there OK,
that mopd says it's getting protocol request "9100" instead of "6001", and
I'm still waiting on Encompass/DECUS-US to get my membership processed so I
can get license keys for VMS. (Sigh!)

Anyone have advice/clues/pointers?

Frustrated VAXherd in the US,
Chris.

On Friday 28 December 2001 10:43 am, you wrote: (to classiccmp)
> Thank you for taking the time to do the translation. As it
> turned out the bidding went too high for me. It's too
> bad because I dont often see items like this offered
> that often here in Europe. If this is an example
> of the prices an item sells for on eBay, I think I
> will have to depend on other means of finding an
> affordable, classic.
>
> Bill
> Amsterdam, NL
<<<CHOP>>>