Subject: Re: DEC Cable?
To: Russell Pavlicek <rcpavlicek@yahoo.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/18/2001 06:38:47
Hello,

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Russell Pavlicek wrote:
> Michael's reply is not entirely correct.
>
> I have access to a VS3100 which is connected to a
> non-color monitor using an RGB cable.  It uses the
> Green lead as I recall.

Then either the cable or the VAXstation is modified. Or it has a color
framebuffer on a mono monitor, which also works this way. But it is absolutely
impossible to get the signal from the monochrome onboard framebuffer out of the
green signal wire without hardware modification.

...Michael

--
visit http://www.bsdfans.org/   Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD
Solaris HP-UX IRIX AIX MUNIX Tru64 Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS