Subject: Re: MV3100-96&1.5.2
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/10/2001 17:09:30
> (Even though at my last comparison, electricity was alot cheaper back
> home in Sweden than here in the US).

Well, here in Québec, electricity is cheap enough that it's one of the
commonest forms of heating - and if you heat with electricity, then
your machine-room power is free, at least during the heating season.

Unless you run enough machines that you need cooling even during the
heating season, which may well describe home installations of these
machines that suck tens of kW....

As for raw electricity prices, well, I don't know what commercial rates
are like.  But my residential-tariff bill shows:

	Fixed overhead: $0.39/day
	First 30 kWh per day: $0.0474/kWh
	Remaining consumption: $0.0597/kWh

(Note that those $ are CAD, not USD.)