Subject: Re: MV3100-96&1.5.2
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/10/2001 20:33:16
On 2001.12.10 18:26 Lord Isildur wrote:

> his 9000 is RUNNING??? i want an account!! hahaha
AFAIK yes. It is located at the university in Budapest and seams to be
still in use. Look at
http://www.telnet.hu/hamster/oldiron/e_vaxen.html
(At the bottom of the page. The hostname is telnet-able, but I don't
know if the 9k is still member of that cluster.)

> damn, hamster, do you get free electricity or something?
Maybe he has recycled a nuclear reactor from an old Russian submarine?
;-)

But electricity seams to be cheap up there in Sweden too. Ragge pointed
me to some pix of old (mostly DEC) iron up there in north Sweden.
Including a VAX 8800, a VAX 8550, a DECSYSTEM 2020, RP07 disks (Washing
machine size, he told that each disk sucks more than 2kW of thre phase
power), a 11/780 that is now more than 10m wide, walls build from DEC
SA* storage arrays, mountains of big Suns, ...
Sorry I can not write the URL, that is real pornography. ;-)