Subject: Re: VAX 6400 booting saga: barred from using MULTINET (sigh!)
To: Robert Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/08/2001 15:06:10
> I'd like to archive a copy of all (both?!?) the versions I have, just to
> keep the bits from fading away.

that's not a bad idea.  do we have a repository in mind for something like this?
i'm moving into an area with NO connectivity, so i'll end up with a really nice
(and really expensive, but i'm looking into ways to lessen the costs) frame
relay line if anyone would be interested in hosting anything with me.  for a
project like this, the web server would run on a VAX of course. :)

> Only trouble is, I only have one, suspect,
> TK70 tape.  If I had ole' Betsy booting into NetBSD, I'd just dd an image of
> the tape and reuse it each time, but she don't, and I dunno if it's even
> possible to make a bit-for-bit copy of anything under VMS.

backup/image might do what you want.

-brian