Subject: Re: VAX 6400 booting saga: barred from using MULTINET (sigh!)
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Robert Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/08/2001 15:07:47
> Here is what you do: If you have a TK70 writable tape, you simply
> do SAVE EEPROM for those processors that you will update. Then
> switch to the processor with the prevailing EEPROM image and say
> UPDATE or UPDATE ALL ... can't remember off the bat here. Just make
> sure you upgrade them all to the most recent revision.

I'd like to archive a copy of all (both?!?) the versions I have, just to
keep the bits from fading away.  Only trouble is, I only have one, suspect,
TK70 tape.  If I had ole' Betsy booting into NetBSD, I'd just dd an image of
the tape and reuse it each time, but she don't, and I dunno if it's even
possible to make a bit-for-bit copy of anything under VMS.

> --
> Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org

Bob