Subject: Re: PDT-11?? can anyone tell me what this is?
To: Stephen Bell <steve@discus.lincoln.ac.nz>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/06/2001 18:13:28
On December 7, Stephen Bell wrote:
> I've just come across a PDT-11 (model: PDT-11150 CJ)
>
> It has 2 8" floppy drives, (which someone has labelled sy0: & dk0:)
>
> on the back there are 6 db25's labeled console,printer,modem, term 1, term 2
> , term 3
>
> What is this machine?? Can I make it run as a PDP11..
> It's nice 'n' small & looks like it would be quieter than
> my 11/44.

  "Programmable Data Terminal"...Essentially a pdp11/03 in a box with
some RAM, serial ports, and floppy drives.  If memory serves it's
capable of running RT-11.  It was designed as an early workstation of
sorts.

  An interesting find.  I had one years ago, I kinda liked it.  I
think it was a neat idea.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire