Subject: Info on booting a MV3800 via MOPD, Bootpd, and nfs
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dale Offret Jr. <dale@svwy.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/06/2001 05:08:31
Hi all,

I previously ask a question about booting my MV3800 using 1.3.2 over
mopd, rpc.bootparmd, and nfs.

I was told by someone who runs a MV3900 to use mopd and bootp.

I have mopd running and the vax loads the mopfile fine.  But it dies
at the kernel loading.

--- start clip ---

>>>b/100 xqa0

2..

Bootfile: mopboot

-XQA0
  1..0..

>> NetBSD/vax boot [Aug 19 2001 05:57:49] <<
>> Press any key to abort autoboot 5
Press '?' for help
> boot
Trying BOOTP
Using IP address: 172.16.100.218
myip: (172.16.100.218)
root addr=172.16.100.10 path=/
nfs_open: must mount first.
Boot failed: Device not configured

--- end clip ---

On the server I have mopd running.  I also have dhcpd, and bootpd
running from inetd.  At the last command the server shows the
following in the log messages.

Date host mountd[146]: mount request denied from 172.16.100.218 for /

Could someone direct me to a decent bootp/nfs tutorial or faq.  I
have looked for 3 days and have had little success.  I can't figure
out why the server is denying the vax from mounting nfs.

Thank you for your time in reading this.  Also thanks in advance.

Dale Offret Jr.
dale at svwy dot net