Subject: Re: VS4000/vlc Dropping to >>>
To: David Moor <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/22/2001 06:56:49
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Moor" <dmoor@technology.serco.com>
To: <port-vax@netbsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 03:32 AM
Subject: VS4000/vlc Dropping to >>>

> Hi
>
> I've discovered that I can't leave my vlc running and disconnect all the
> telnet/ssh/serial console seessions from it.  When I do this and then try
> reconnect the serial terminal I and met with the >>> prompt.
>
> Is this right, I was wanting to leave the vlc running, I forgot to try to
> telnet back to it, perhaps that still works (I'm at work ATM).  Any ideas
> anyone?

Are you unplugging the cable, or turning off the VT/PC/whatever you use for
a serial console?  It sounds like the VLC's getting a BREAK on the console
port, which will drop it to the prom prompt.  I don't know if there's a
setting to ignore BREAKs on the console in the VLC firmware.  You might try
just leaving the console plugged in and turned on, if at all possible.

> Dave

Bob