Subject: My first try at package install!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: David Moor <dmoor@technology.serco.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/19/2001 09:01:50
Hi

This may not be the right group to send this to, but its the only one I'm
signed up to so please bear with me :)
I have just tried my first package install from pkgsrc on my VLC (perl5).
When I typed 'make install' I got the following message

> k9: {5} make install
> ===> Installing for perl-5.6.1nb6
> ===> Warning: your umask is "0002".
> If this is not desired, set it to an appropriate value (0022)

Is this important?  Given the time frame I've decided I might need vt
terminal so I don't need to leave my PC turned on during an install (LOL).
If I start an install over the console (serial) terminal via TeraTerm could
I sut down my PC and ome back later and connect to the same session to see
if the install has completed?

TIA

Dave

This message, including attachments, is intended only for the use by the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged and confidential. Copying or use by anybody else is not
authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not
necessarily be the views held by Serco Integrated Transport.