Subject: Additional drive and supplemental info.
To: None <classiccmp@classiccmp.org>
From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/17/2001 14:54:42
	This one is light and small enough to be shipped. It's a 'Gigastore' drive=
 from Digi-Data Corp. Best of all, it includes the operation/maintenance=
 manual(!).

	The 'Gigastore' is a weird device. What Digi-Data did is take a regular=
 VHS VCR, make some modifications to the transport assembly, and added=
 their own electronics to provide a Pertec interface. The result was a tape=
 backup system that used regular VHS tapes, could store up to 2.5 gigabytes=
 of data, and could interface to any Pertec controller.

	This one's cheap: $25.00 or best offer, plus shipping.

	Also, FYI: The HP 9-track drive I mentioned earlier would include the=
 manual.

	Thanks much.

-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-
Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
ARS KC7GR (Formerly WD6EOS) since 12-77 -- kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com
"I'll get a life when someone demonstrates that it would be superior
to what I have now..." (Taki Kogoma, aka Gym Z. Quirk)