Subject: Fake Serial Console
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: David Moor <dmoor@technology.serco.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/15/2001 16:56:15
Hi

My VLC requires a serial console connected to boot, the other night I booted
it up and it took me 10 minutes to realise I couldn't ping it coz the serial
link wasn't connected and it therefore hadn't booted <doh>.

I remember reading a post saying you could fake the presence of a serial
terminal by crossing a couple of pins in the MMJ connector.  Does anyone
have any information, on this?  Has anyone tried building a dummy terminal
with a Basic Stamp or PIC micro controller?

TIA

Dave
This message, including attachments, is intended only for the use by the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged and confidential. Copying or use by anybody else is not
authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not
necessarily be the views held by Serco Integrated Transport.