Subject: Re: SMD Hard Disks
To: None <classiccmp@classiccmp.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/13/2001 15:12:26
Hi.

>   Anyway - as the cables were damaged beyond repair before it arrived (a
> 2' length is missing from the middle) I'd like to know what's needed to
> hook up these SMD drives (apparently M2372K and M2351AO - but I've not
> checked that yet) to the Emulex QD32 controller I have :&)
You need a 60 pin flat ribbon cable that goes to the drives in a bus topolo=
gy
with the last dive terminated. (Much like SCSI) Then you need a separate=20
24 (26?) pin flat ribbon cable per drive from the controller to each drive.=
=20
Should be easy to get the components and crimp the cables.

I have the manual for the QD32 / QD33. If you can not find scans of the=20
manual, let me know...
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
         Jochen