Subject: My first real question...
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: David Moor <dmoor@technology.serco.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/01/2001 09:30:11
Hi

I have been slowly setting up my VLC now I have v1.5 installed on it and
have a gathered a few questions

1. At boot time the text displayed starts as follows:
	> MicroVAX 3100/m{30,40}
	> cpu: KA48
Since I have a VS4000/vlc do I need to rebuild the kernel or is this just a
standard message which I can happily ignore?

2. I have been reading the NetBSD guide, section 4.9 talks about enabling
virtual terminals by editing /etc/ttys. I think I may have got carried away
here and also edited /etc/wscons.conf to enable terminals in there.  Anyway
when I boot I started to get the following messages:
	> Setting tty flags.
	> ttyflags: open /dev/ttyw0: No such file or directory
	> ttyflags: open /dev/ttyw1: No such file or directory
	> ttyflags: open /dev/ttyw2: No such file or directory
	> ttyflags: open /dev/ttyw3: No such file or directory
	> ttyflags: open /dev/ttyw4: No such file or directory
and also
	> wsconscfg: /dev/ttyEcfg: No such file or directory
	> wsconscfg: /dev/ttyEcfg: No such file or directory
	> wsconscfg: /dev/ttyEcfg: No such file or directory
	> wsconscfg: /dev/ttyEcfg: No such file or directory
	> wsconscfg: /dev/ttyEcfg: No such file or directory
	> wsconscfg: /dev/ttyEcfg: No such file or directory
I also seem to get a bunch of messages from getty at regular intervals
	> Oct 31 19:22:32 k9 getty[197]: /dev/ttyw4: No such file or
directory
	> Oct 31 19:22:32 k9 getty[195]: /dev/ttyw2: No such file or
directory
	> Oct 31 19:22:32 k9 getty[193]: /dev/ttyw0: No such file or
directory
	> Oct 31 19:22:32 k9 getty[196]: /dev/ttyw3: No such file or
directory
	> Oct 31 19:22:32 k9 getty[194]: /dev/ttyw1: No such file or
directory
Anyway, I was trying to get virtual terninals working, is this possible.  I
guess I don't really need them as I have telnet working I would just like to
know what step I missed out.

3. Following my earlier post about terminal emulators I'm playing with Tera
Term.  I would like to setup a SSH Telnet service, is it already there or do
I have to set someting else up?

TIA

Dave

This message, including attachments, is intended only for the use by the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged and confidential. Copying or use by anybody else is not
authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not
necessarily be the views held by Serco Integrated Transport.