Subject: Re: QD21 ESDI
To: Matt London <matt@knm.yi.org>
From: Fazekas Mihaly <michael@goliat.eik.bme.hu>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/2001 05:24:10
Hi,

>   I just got an Emulex QD21 (thanks iseldure! I've got $10 here for you
> for postage) and I've been playing with it, with some Maxtor XT-4380E
> drives.
>   I'm managing alright to a point. I downloaded docs for the QD21, set dip
> switches and I can get into the controller's firmware. The problem arises
> when it comes to do things with the disks. If I tell the controller the
> disk is type 2, then it picks up settings from the drive fine (and they
> even co-relate with the drive), but any operations I perform on the drive
> after that (even "Show known devices") times out.

My english is not good, but your problem is known for me:
(if my problem is about equivalent your problem,...)

Problem:
You can find a easy replacable chip at near of qbus.
Type of chip: 74x138 or 74x38 (my card is at my home, cannot check now).
(x: none, S, LS, ALS, ... -> TTL-syntax)

When i replaced the original chip on my qd21 with a new one, then my qd21
is work properly.

--
mailto:michael@goliat.eik.bme.hu
Phone: 463-1966