Subject: Early Ultrix 32M on MVII with RD54?????
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/24/2001 11:42:53
Aside for the VAX folks.... I am resurrecting a BA23 MVII with floppy driven
Ultrix 32M V1.2.  The machine has an RD54 drive, but, on boot, the kernel
does not have a drive table for the RD54.  It seems only to have an RD52 or
RD53 table.  The machine now has NetBSD-1.3.2 on it, and I can mount the
floppy and see that the only thing there is the kernel and the boot, plus
a simple install script.  Is there any way to either binary edit the kernel
to install an RD54 table, or, replace the RD53 capable kernel with an RD54
capable kernel?  Or, am I stuck trying to find an RD53, loading it up,
generating a kernel, and using that?

Thanks...

Bob

(ahh, the fun of retroVAXing.....(:+}}...)