Subject: Re: Same old questions...
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/10/2001 10:42:32
On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > Huh? What made you think it was the DELQA? This is definitely a driver
> > problem.
> >
> Not only. There are a bunch of firmware bugs that causes the xmit logic
> to stop sometimes. Depending on which revision of cards you have you may
> never get it, the machines I have get it something like one per day.

Apart from some firmware bugs, which I am aware of (and which you saw
too)...
I get it irregularly, but at the worst times I get several per minute.
I can tell you that VMS don't stop, it's just when I run NetBSD...
(I haven't stressed VMS as much though. Maybe I should...)

Since my CMD SCSI controller don't work correctly with NetBSD either, I
have to run netbooted, which probably makes the problem worse...

> The cause of this is the same as the old driver "ring buffer overrun" error.

Very weird, but the ring buffer overrun didn't stop traffic for a few
seconds, like the current problem does.

> Running the "deqnad" program, posted on this list a couple of years ago,
> was DECs solution to the problem. Normally running this program fixes
> the problem.

What did it do?

	Johnny