Subject: RE: Same old questions...
To: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: James Green <jamesg@PARRIMARK.COM.AU>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/10/2001 10:00:30

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1511E.939B1940

For what it's worth, my KA650 vaxen has a DELQA on the QBus.  I get the same
message once a while, I have tried another DELQA with the same results.  At
the time I asked there was speculation that it might have something to do
with the flaky 10Base hub that I was plugging into.

These days the big beige box is plugged straight into my Nortel 450-24T
switch and the message still comes up.  I haven't timed the frequency
because it is only sent to the console and I almost always access it
remotely so I don't notice it.  I have never noticed that it has caused a
disruption (not saying it hasn't, just that if it has it's not long enough
or of sufficient magnitude for me to have noticed).

I'm running 1.4.3 and one day when I get round to it will try 1.5.something
but I'm in no hurry.

I don't have the specific 'M' number of my card or it's ROM revisions handy
but if they will help you I can get them.  Also, my 'spare' DELQA is for all
intent and purpose identical to the one that's in the box at the moment
(physically identical, same symptoms) but if it will help you resolve your
problem (the technical one :-) then you are welcome to it for the cost of
postage (I'm under here in .au world, btw)

James

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>RE: Same old questions...</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>For what it's worth, my KA650 vaxen has a DELQA on =
the QBus.&nbsp; I get the same message once a while, I have tried =
another DELQA with the same results.&nbsp; At the time I asked there =
was speculation that it might have something to do with the flaky =
10Base hub that I was plugging into.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>These days the big beige box is plugged straight into =
my Nortel 450-24T switch and the message still comes up.&nbsp; I =
haven't timed the frequency because it is only sent to the console and =
I almost always access it remotely so I don't notice it.&nbsp; I have =
never noticed that it has caused a disruption (not saying it hasn't, =
just that if it has it's not long enough or of sufficient magnitude for =
me to have noticed).&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm running 1.4.3 and one day when I get round to it =
will try 1.5.something but I'm in no hurry.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I don't have the specific 'M' number of my card or =
it's ROM revisions handy but if they will help you I can get =
them.&nbsp; Also, my 'spare' DELQA is for all intent and purpose =
identical to the one that's in the box at the moment (physically =
identical, same symptoms) but if it will help you resolve your problem =
(the technical one :-) then you are welcome to it for the cost of =
postage (I'm under here in .au world, btw)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>James</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; From: Linc Fessenden [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:linc@thelinuxlink.net">mailto:linc@thelinuxlink.net</A>]<=
/FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 2:23</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; To: port-vax@netbsd.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Subject: Same old questions...</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Finally got a good terminal hooked onto my Vax =
3500 again and started</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; playing with it some more.&nbsp; Does anyone =
yet have an answer to that</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; annoying network problem resulting in =
the:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; qe0: xmit logic died, resetting..</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; problem that I seem to get quite =
frequently?&nbsp; There just HAS </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; to be some</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; kind of solution for this....&nbsp; =
Help!?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -Linc.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>