Subject: Re: Same old questions...
To: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/09/2001 16:37:17
On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, John Wilson wrote:

> >From: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
>
> >AFAYK it could be caused by aliens as well right?  I am running 1.5.
> >
> >>Or recompile the system and disable this
> >> error message. Or..
> >
> >Oh yeah, that's a good idea..  Just kill the error message - forget that
> >the damn network goes down every 20 minutes......
>
> Sheesh ... he's just trying to help, no need to get cranky just because
> he missed the mark in your case.

	If I recall correctly when I had Q-bus cards giving this message
	they did not seem to suffer any network problems at all - the
	messages only happened when there was no traffic on the wire at
	all, in which case resetting the interface every so often did not
	really affect network performance :)

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --