Subject: 4.3 binaries
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@research.att.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/28/2001 23:45:05
i just did the following commit in sys/compat/vax1k:

    make 4.3 binaries run once again on the vax.   tested with
    omagic/nmagic/zmagic binaries from guest account on
    Lord Isildur's tahoe system (thanks).   enabled if both
    COMPAT_43 and COMPAT_VAX1K are defined.

    basically rewrote exec_vax1k_prep_anymagic() to handle more
    file formats.  we remove vax1k_subr.c because we now use the
    standard vmcmd_readvn function.

    XXX: suspect the code for MID_VAX1K NMAGIC binaries is wrong,
    need a binary to confirm this...  the old code did not pad the
    end of the text segment to a page boundary, and that seems wrong.
    you definitely need to pad it on a 4.3BSD NMAGIC binary and i
    don't see why MID_VAX1K should be different?

does anyone have an NMAGIC MID_VAX1K binary they can test?

chuck