Subject: Re: VAX 8650 ...
To: Will Jennings <will@mooi.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/11/2001 13:48:12
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Will Jennings wrote:

> If anyone does indeed pick this critter up, I can provide a copy of the
> installation manual.. I also know where there a number of SBI backplanes for
> it... I own an 8600 myself  : )

Not that I *really* need stuff, but when we're on the subject of my
favourite VAX, have anyone ever seen the 64MB memory cards?
Does anyone have any to spare?
Does anyone have any 16MB cards to spare?

My 8650 currently runs with 52MB, but I'd love to upgrade it.

I think I'll take a bunch of pictures of it tonight, and post an URL for
you to look at.

This machine is currently running a very hacked Ultrix 4.4, but have
previously run BSD 4.3 Reno. The next project will be NetBSD, and I'll
force ragge down here to get it running (I seem to carry bad karma when it
comes to NetBSd/vax).

	Johnny