Subject: Re: Boot devices for MVII
To: vax <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: GNUOrder <gnuorder@tampabay.rr.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/10/2001 01:03:48
On Thursday 09 August 2001 19:53, Chuck Dickman wrote:
> I am continuing to play with my MVII. Anybody know what devices are
> bootable
> on this machine? I can't find a reference anywhere and the ROMs are
> pretty
> primative. I've got an RL02, a 9-track tape and part of an RX02
> hardware/software
> emulator I was working on when my PDP-11/73 processor began to die. Any
> pointer
> to the devices and device names would be welcomed.
>
> -chuck

How would your RX02 emulator work?  I was concidering making a TU58 emula=
tor=20
which would be mostly software using a laptop or palm type of device and =
a=20
serial link.  I was also thinking of a smart card reader or some other de=
vice=20
that hooks to the floppy port of a PC or other and emulates a floppy driv=
e. =20
Just idea stage on both though.

gnuorder