Subject: Re: DSSI Terminator
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/05/2001 11:53:25
At 02:25 PM 8/5/01 -0400, Brian wrote:
>my VAX 4000/300 will absolutely refuse to boot into the chevron if there isn't
>at the very least one terminator on the second DSSI bus.  the first bus is
>terminated on the mobo, so it looks like it needs SOMETHING, maybe a drive
>would work?  beats me.  that's weird though, i wouldn't expect it to behave
>like that.

Well it looks like you get at least one more terminator on the 4000/300 you
picked up on ebay :-) Which, BTW, I would be interested to know what it had
in it, the KLESI card is interesting in that you can run an RC25 with it.

I know for a fact that the KA640 in the MVAX 3300/3400 will run without a
terminator as TestVAX has run that way for a while. It has only one drive
(an RF30) that is a sacrificial test case. (I put Standalone backup on it
however to insure that one could boot from it etc)

--Chuck