Subject: Re: VAX 11/785 as a workstation :-)
To: Jeffrey S. Sharp <jss@subatomix.com>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/02/2001 21:33:14
"Jeffrey S. Sharp" wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Gunther Schadow wrote:
> >
> > Included was a 3, 4, 5, or so card-set that together comprises a video
> > interface. Has anybody ever seen those UNIBUS video monitor adapter
> > sets?
>
> I have one, Gunther.  It came with a load of other stuff I picked up this
> summer.  It was made by Jupiter, and and consists of a ~4U rackmount box,
> a keyboard, and maybe some UNIBUS boards.  I haven't had any time to
> investigate it, so I don't really know much about it at all.  I do know
> that the keyboard looks cool, with a joystick on either side of the keys.
> >From what I was told, all it needs is a suitable monitor.  Do you want it?

I want everything :-). But can I take care of it? Well, I'd say,
my project is very focused on VAX 6000 and VAX 11/785, so, if it
is a UNIBUS card it would give me incentives to really go get
that UNIBUS extension box as well. Are you serious? Well, I'd say
yes!

regards,
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine