Subject: RE: Questions about VAX 11/78x
To: 'Gunther Schadow' <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Carlini, Antonio <Antonio.Carlini@riverstonenet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/01/2001 00:31:45
> can someone give me a quick roadmap on what's where in an 11/78x?
> Has someone done a web site about it? I have only vague knowledge
> gathered from bits and pieces. Anyone scanned a hardware manual or
> user manual? (BTW: what's that official place where the DECUS scans
> can be found?)

Alain Nierveze sent me a bunch of
VAX-11/780 manuals a little while ago.
They have been scanned and sent on to
DFWCUG and should appear in due course at:

http://montagar.com/~patj/hcps.htm

(actually ... http://208.190.133.201/decimages/moremanuals.htm )

I'm not near the manuals right now and I've
never been near the guts of a VAX-11/780 so
I cannot answer the rest right now. I'll
try to provide some answers tonight (although
I suspect someone will have beaten me to it by then!).

Antonio
arcarlini@iee.org