Subject: Did a dumb thing today -- picked up a 5 buck MV2000....
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/27/2001 10:27:35
OK, I was a sucker at today's Friday Friendly Feeding Frenzy Surplus Diving
Pit Fracas.... and picked up an orphan 5 buckeroo MV2000 critter.  IFF
I want to expand ram in the critter, what sorts of ram bits will work
correctly in the thing.  I vaguely remember someone saying that there was
a way to make the tape ''almost scsi'' port talk real scsi.  Anyone have
any pointers to that info.  What NetBSD's run good/better/best on the
thing, or would something like Ultrix 4.2 do.  Anyone know of an on-line
manual for the thing.  I figured it might make the usual good mfm formatter
thingy, if nothing else.

Thanks

Bob