Subject: Installation trouble
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Zoltan ZSIDO <zsido@westel900.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/27/2001 16:01:32
Hi,

Recentely I'v tried to install the 1.5.1 distribution on my uVAX III with
Emulex UC08 SCSI adapter, but the installation freezed, when it was in the
kernel package extraction phase. This is same as with 1.5. Is this a known
issue with MSCP disk, or it is an Emulex SCSI problem. The adapter itself
works fine under Ultrix, VMS and NetBSD 1.4.x also.
If an 1.4.x install image was booted, the installation of 1.5.1 was nearly
successful (a manual disklabel -B -b ... is needed, to make bootable the
disk), but when the system booted the new 1.5.1 kernel, it also freezed
at different stage of boot process.

Any advice?

Zoltan Zsido