Subject: Re: MacBSD
To: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@spacestar.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/24/2001 02:50:19
On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 10:16 PM, linc <mailto:linc@thelinuxlink.net> wrote:
>>     Whoever told you that Mac's don't run NetBSD was mistaken. There
>> are versions for 68K Mac's and for PowerMac's. I use an old Mac IIci
>> to netboot my VAX 4300 every time I upgrade the VAX's OS.
>
>I looked on the NetBSD website and it said the 5200 wasn't supported...
>Is it wrong?

The 52xx are All-in-one machines (w/15" color screen)
No PCI bus and no OF and no ethernet :-(

The only OS listed as working would be MkLinux
http://mklinux.org/info/news.html#performa

Note that a 75MHz PPC603 is slower that a 601.
My 90MHz 601 ~= 130MHz 603.

Also MkLinux is very slow drawing to the console.

" Stamp out root logins .  .  .  . su "   --Bruce Anderson
 This message was created and sent using Cyberdog 2.0, MacOS 8.6,
 awk, find, sed, sendmail, sh, and NetBSD a free Multi-Platform OS.
 NetBSD runs on thirty-one  different system  architectures featuring
 twelve distinct families of CPUs.   http://www.netbsd.org/