Subject: CMD223 info
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/22/2001 21:19:32
ok, i've got my vt420 hooked into the console of the CMD.  that's neat.  how
many SCSI cards have serial consoles?  i bet we could count them on one hand. :)

anyway, i'm doing a format, a qualify and then a final format.  if i disk makes
it all the way through a qualify it's good? i've got some disks here that are
a little flaky and have some bad spots.  got them hooked up to the 3100/76 at
one point to try the TEST 75 stuff to format them, but they never made it all
the way through.  maybe i should break that thing out and start again with doing
that to see what i can come up with.

but anyway, if a disk makes it through a qualify run, can i trust it?  it seems
to be doing read then write to the entire disk, so it seems like a fairly
comprehensive test to me.

cheers,

-brian