Subject: Kernel for VAX4000-105
To: 'Michael Kukat' <michael@unixiron.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22L=FCck=2C_Bernhard=22?= <Bernhard.Lueck@triaton.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/19/2001 17:00:14
Hey Michael,

the kernel you gave to me is running fine, thanks a lot. But where did =
you
got the kernel from. I looked over and over but didn't find any =
matching
kernel.(I know: you said I should use only t current kernel) On startup =
your
kernel is reporting to be a Version 1.5W. I couldn't find a ftp-site =
with
this kernel.

Now I trying to boot the VAX from a SCSI-Disk. I found descriptions for
different tools (edlabel, copy, initboot, fdisk ..) to be used for =
preparing
a boot-disk. But ... I'm not clever enough to make it running that way.

Is there a handy description for makeing a VAX with SCSI-Disk bootable,
where are all the correct tools I can use and where is a SCSI Disk =
bootable
kernel??

I hope you can help me again.

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen / Regards,