Subject: Re: R400X SCSI CONN
To: Lord Isildur , Matt London <matt@knm.yi.org>
From: peckerwood <peckrwood@usa.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/17/2001 13:14:52
What I'ld love to find is a SCSI to IDE card or controller.  Anyone know of
such a device?

I think it is possible and practical concidering the size of IDE and cost of
SCSI drives.  The drive would benefit from the SCSI bus so while it may not
be as fast as a true SCSI drive, It would be faster than an IDE only system
with most of the features of SCSI.

Plus large drives can be added and mirrored or striped by the controller for
fault tolerance with the new IDE chipsets.  This would extend the life of
computers like the VAX that has SCSI but not worth what the latest SCSI
drives cost new.

PW