Subject: Re: VAXserver 3100 question
To: None <classiccmp@classiccmp.org, port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/14/2001 17:40:47
On 13 Jul, Master of all that Sucks wrote:

> Hi.  I seem to find this connector with 50 pins in three rows in a D-shell
> on my VAXservers and VAXstations.  I even have one or two on my DECsystem
> 5840.  Could someone tell me what they are?  Three rows.  17 - 16 - 17.
On the older babyVAXen like the VAXserver 3100 this connector was an
MFM interface to connect external MFM drives. On newer MicroVAXen there
are two of these connectors with a QBus interface on them. I never saw
a babyVAX with build in Pertec interface and the connectors for SCSI
where HD SubD 68 or normal Centronics 50 pin. Serial multiplexers used
36 (?) pin Centronics connectors.
I don't know what the connectors on the biger machines may be used for.
--

tschuess,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz