Subject: Re: What are people booting their 4000/200s with?
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@liveround.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/12/2001 13:50:48
On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, J. Buck Caldwell wrote:

> Up until a few days ago, I was booting a 4000/200 of a CMD CQD-443
> without trouble. Now it's booting off a CMD CQD-423, ditto no trouble.
> What are you getting?

It's on a CDQ-223 IIRC, and it seems to work fine during init (SHO DEV
shows the disk no prob).  Booting dies quickly with an error I can't
remember (PC=xxxx) - sorry, it's at home and I'm at work right
now.  Accessing the onboard diags/setup of the CDQ didn't reveal much -
the disk initialized and verified no problem, so SCSI termination,
etc... I think is out of the picture.

See http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-vax/2000/12/24/0004.html for my fsck
woes from a while ago (Illegal instruction?).

But the boot just fails.  AFAIK I'm installing the bootblocks correctly,
etc...

At least it's not a problem with the CDQ - it's gotta be something I'm
missing or doing wrong.  That's comforting ;-)

-
Jon
 '"The chicken," it's been said, "is just an egg's way of making more
  eggs."' -- Alton Brown