Subject: 3100/m76 and 3100/m38
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Ingram <ingram@symsys.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/06/2001 12:56:23
Howdy guys,

I was out of town last week and then I've had net connectivity problems
this week.  Ya'll may recall the boneyard items I picked up recently.

m76:  I got NetBSD 1.5 running with a current kernel.  It looks good.

m38:  When I first powered it up, it trip back over.  I think I've
isolated that problem to a disk drive.  I decided to strip it down to the
motherboard to see if it would boot.  I got a shell once (really, I did),
but I can't get it again.

Now, without the additional memory, it doesn't finish the selftest.  The
5, 6, 7, and 8 leds just stay lit.  If I plug the memory back in, the
selftest completes and I get a chevron prompt and can almost boot from the
network.  Mopd on the remote box claims to have sent a loader, but the m38
never does anything else.  If I plug the scsi stuff back in, I get the
same results.

Here's some output.  Anything gleanable from it?

---

KA42-B  V1.3

F...E...D...C...B...A...9...8...7...6?..5...4_..3_..2_..1?..

 ?  E  0040  0000.0005
 ?  C  0080  0000.4001
 ?  B  0010  0020.0081
 ?  7  80A0  0000.4001
??  6  80A1  0800.71D0
??  1  00C0  0000.100A
\
>>> b

-ESA0 [hangs here]

---

FWIW, I've got some picture of the components up at:

	http://www.symsys.com/~ingram/hw/vax/m38/index.html

- Greg