Subject: installation problem
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Pawel Krawczyk <kravietz@aba.krakow.pl>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/05/2001 13:58:00
Hello, I've just tried installing NetBSD-1.5.1_beta2 on MicroVAX 3600.
Everything works fine (MOP boot, NFS ramdisk load, installer start)
until it comes to partitioning the disk. The installator program
crashes after disklabel selection with the following message:

id 0 on /: file system full
/: write failed, file system is full
Floating point exception

It then drops to shell and I can issue commands:

# mount
/dev/md0a on / type ffs (local)
kernfs on /kern type kernfs (local)

As discovered at the boot stage the machine is:

MicroVAX 3500/3600
cpu: KA650, CVAX microcode rev 5 Firmware rev 83
total memory = 16328 KB
mt0 at mscpbus0 drive 0: TK70
ra0 at mspbus1 drive 0: RA81
ra1 at mspbus1 drive 1: RA81
qe0: deqna, hardware address ...
boot device: qe0
root on md0a dumps on md0b

I'll appreciate any suggestions what to do. I've used MOP and netbsd.ram
both from the latest snapshot and from 1.5 release.

--
Paweł Krawczyk *** home: <http://ceti.pl/~kravietz/>
security: <http://ipsec.pl/>  *** fidonet: 2:486/23