Subject: Help needed. netbsd on a VAX4000-105A
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22L=FCck=2C_Bernhard=22?= <Bernhard.Lueck@triaton.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/04/2001 18:09:19
Hello,

I've got an old VAX and I'm trying to install netbsd 1.5 on this machine.

Hardware:
VAX 4000-105A with

3 x DSSI Drives RF36		(DIA0,DIA1,DIA2)
1 x SCSI CDROM RRD43	(DKA400)
1 x Ethernet Interface		(EZA0)
no Floppy Disk Drive.
64 MB Main Memory and only an VT-Term.

I found an bootable CD-Image of netbsd 1.5
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/iso/at/vaxcd.iso put it onto the CD and
booted the vax form device dka400 with the monitor command "boot dka400:".
After that i've got these Messages.

(BOOT/R5:0 DKA400:)

 2..
 -DKA400
 1..0..

thats all. Then the machine hangs or somthing else. How can I check that the
CD-Drive is working properly. I have no documenation or other media to test
the CD-drive.

By the way. The machine is currently running with VMS 5.5-2H4 with UCX. I
got the TCP/IP up and running within our network.

What did I wrong....? Where can I read something what I have to do? Is it
possible that I made a mistake in burnung the image onto the CD?