Subject: Re: DEC - VGA video adaptor?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/01/2001 10:04:52
On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Simon Burge wrote:

> "Collin Baillie" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if these would be useful for using a VGA monitor on a
> > Vax/Decstation??
>
> If you want to hook a VGA monitor up to a DECstation (and I'd guess a
> VAXstation), Digital/Compaq sells (or used to sell) an adapter (part
> number 29-32549-01) that connects to the BNC cable and provides a
> VGA plug.  I've been using one on my 5000/125 Xterm for ages without
> problems.

Hmmm.  Does this conver 3 BNC sync on green to VGA compatable seperate
sync?  I've been looking for something like this for months now.  It seems
that everyone and their brother wants to hook an old 3 BNC monitor to
their hot new VGA video card, but no one wants to run a VGA monitor on
older RGB framebuffers.

> Simon.

Bob